Request: Grooveshark (3 Viewers)

jojo1411

Portal Pro
January 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Request: Grooveshark

yes, that's true. But I thought it could be a cool plugin for people who don't like downloading all the songs and just want listen to them by the internet.
But it was only an idea ;-)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    What would be the point of downloading them if everything you wanted was available free on the web?
    Streaming is the way forward...

Has anyone (devs preferably) tried contacting Grooveshark and asking if it would be possible to integrate - the might be willing IF assurances could be made for not downloading anything...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

It would be a simple task to use the Tinysong API (link) and make a plugin that allows search for artist/song/album and returns up to six results that you could put into a MP listview and/or thumbnail and/or filmstrip. It would be very similar to the existing MP Global Search plugin except that it would search the web instead of your music collection and you would have to put the resulting url to MP player similar to how Last.FM plugin do. I would make the plugin if I had the time but skinning and fanart handler takes all my spare time at the moment.

The result from Tinysong contains for example the name of the song, artist and album that can be pushed to MP. If anyone is willing to start this plugin I can adjust the fanart handler plugin so that it supports the new plugin with artist fanart that can be used as background.

best regards
    cul8er

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,

It would be a simple task to use the Tinysong API (link) and make a plugin that allows search for artist/song/album and returns up to six results that you could put into a MP listview and/or thumbnail and/or filmstrip. It would be very similar to the existing MP Global Search plugin except that it would search the web instead of your music collection and you would have to put the resulting url to MP player similar to how Last.FM plugin do. I would make the plugin if I had the time but skinning and fanart handler takes all my spare time at the moment.

The result from Tinysong contains for example the name of the song, artist and album that can be pushed to MP. If anyone is willing to start this plugin I can adjust the fanart handler plugin so that it supports the new plugin with artist fanart that can be used as background.

best regards
    cul8er

that will be so cool , we ask for this plugin for long time ,untile now nobody stap in ,to mack it ...:confused:

if i cod do it ,i wod ...but i canot ...:(

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Request: Grooveshark

absolutely agree to ysmp ... It would be awesome if someone could do this job!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I will make a small effort and see how much work it would be. No promises but I'll look at it ;)

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Some progress. I have a basic plugin that queries the Tinysong API. Gets results. Can play results, add to playlist. Also added support for fanart handler. Still need to find a way to get thumbs for the results and make a nice skin file. Attached is a picture of a very awful skin fil, but at least it displays that is works ;)

Not bad after five hours of coding or what do you think?

best regards
    cul8er

Attachments

• tmp.jpg
      tmp.jpg
      275.2 KB

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    wow that looks like amazing progress already, last time i checked this thread everyone was just sayin how awesome it would be, and now you have it working, sweet :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom