Request: MyFridge (1 Viewer)

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Okay, so this has been in the back of my mind since I first installed MediaPortal, but a search through the available plugins hasn't turned up anything that will do this, exactly, and I was wondering someone would help me out with it.

It's a really simple idea (or so I believe, knowing what little I do about plugin development) so I'd be surprised if no one else has come up with something like this yet... And if that's the case, by all means point me in the right direction.

A little background: Amongst its more obvious uses, my household and I use my MP HTPC as a sort of central system which we all check daily: weather, RSS feeds and so forth. It would be cool if we could have a built-in notepad\link laucher\media-embedded plugin where we could, over the local network, post various things to one another, whether it's a movie trailer, youtube video, imeem or mp3 song, interesting article link, or just simply a text note like "Don't forget to buy milk".

I know that a lot of people have a lot of different uses for MP, but this is something that, if I had the ability, I'd put together myself, since I'd find it pretty invaluable. If anyone would like to devote some free time to developing this, I'd be grateful and help in whatever way I can.

Biquel

Portal Member
    March 7, 2009
    Nijmegen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm also interested. Even a simple thing like a Shoutbox would be nice. You should be able to use it inside MP as a window plugin but also as a desktop Windows application for someone sitting in another room on another PC. And maybe use it on your laptop as well or send a message from my PDA or cell phone to the Mediaportal at home "Hi guys, I'll be home in just a sec, please keep my diner warm".

When MP is idle messages ar not shonw. When somone starts it or start wachting a movie/TV the messages pop up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom