Request: (norwegian programmer) adapt weather plugin to yr.no (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

umlaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Kumla
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

It's good to see such great people involving in this issue. I really hope the plugin or weather grabbing utility will be developed.

I second that, I have seen what good work Vattenmelonen can do so I really hope he and maybe others get involved in this.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok, how hard would it be to create something like this? The only programming I have done in my life is some very simple calculators for stuff like area and volume of various shapes and objects in Python, and that is quite a few years ago now.

Is this something that can be done by someone with no knowledge? If so, are there any tips on where to begin?

promille

January 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Any news about this yr.no implementation? I suppose it's a bad thing when it's a month since the last post... :(

As "everyone" seems to understand, it should be quite simple doing this adaption (or a new plugin?). But all the people that have the time to do it, lack the skills to do it... :(

My situation is that I can do some basic C-programming, but haven't any experience in bigger programing projects like MP. It's tempting to try, but I suppose I will end up knocking my head in the wall for some weeks just to understand how it's supposed to be done. Then, if I haven't given up, I can look forward to another couple of weeks knocking my head in the keyboard making something usefull happen :p This "simple task" actually feels a little over my skills... :(

Vattenmelon

Portal Pro
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The problem, as I see it, is that the "original" weather plugin is built into mediaportal. So it's not a dll one can replace with another. Or am I wrong? It would have been nice if one could just replace the datasource part of the original plugin.

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here is a plugin for yr.no which takes the xml data, please try and get back
    I attach both the installer and source code

Skin is only for blue3wide!

As you may see Night,AM,PM,Evening has no translation, AM,PM is already in the language files but i need to
    update the language files with new strings for night and evening dont know how to accomplish this automatically with the installer please help?

Attachments

• yrWeather.zip
      1.8 MB
    • yrWeatherPlugin.mpe1
      12.3 KB

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you very much.
    It works - tested with "http://www.yr.no/sted/Norge/Troms/Tromsø/Tromsø/"
    I miss a "back" button, or better a "goto today" button
    - right now there does not seem to be a way of getting back once "next day" is clicked.
    Also, a short presentation of the next few days may be possible ?
    thanks.
    Also; it seems it does not load every time, sometimes the normal "weather channel" layout is displayed - with logo and all...?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you so much, this works very well for me.

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thank you very much.
    I miss a "back" button, or better a "goto today" button
    - right now there does not seem to be a way of getting back once "next day" is clicked.

If you keep pressing next day you will get back to the beginning as the layout is now its difficult to fit an extra button please give some input
    on a new layout.

Also; it seems it does not load every time, sometimes the normal "weather channel" layout is displayed - with logo and all...?

This must be impossible have you disabled the normal weather plugin? You can't have them both enabled, because you will have the same button for both of them and have no chance to separate them.

Another question is the translation for Night and Evening in norweigan?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom