[request] Plugin for MLB, NBA, NFL, ESPN360 streams? (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone had thought about creating a plugin for the streams that these sites offer for their games, and if it's even possible. All of these sites sell subscriptions to their streaming-services. ESPN360 has NHL and NCAA-sports. I know Meedio(s) have a plugin for MLB so atleast that should be possible. I'm not looking for a way to avoid having to pay, but it would be amazing if one could watch their streams inside MP and didn't have to use a webbrowser and a mouse.

BlueBomber

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm seconding this. It seems that MediaPortal is one of the only HTPC front end programs that doesn't have a plugin to stream MLB.TV games...

Weird!

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I just checked out Boxee and they seem to have a very simple but good "app" for MLB. How hard would it be to port that to Mediaportal?

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok, I'll post it there aswell, but I'm thinking that MLB and the other sites I mentioned might be a bit different then say Youtube because it's a pay-service.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Just made a subscription to NBA League Pass and i wonder what kind of solution do you guys suggest.

Did you manage to get it working under MP? If yes please share your solution.

Thanx in advance.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'd pay for a plugins that handles ILP for NBA, Gamepass for NFL, ESPN360 and MLB.tv aswell. What would be amazing was if someone like Microsoft could create a framework for these (and other) leagues could use with an open API for others to develop plugins for. Would be a great way to promote Azure for them.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you two are really willing to spend some money for someone to implement this I would recommend contacting one of the OnlineVideos developers.
    Doskbouter seems very active in adding sites these days and as I said in this thread: The least you have to do is somehow give hime access to the sites (give him your account information or finance him his own). If you want to motivate him more by donating some cash -> even better... ;)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ok, I'll send him a PM then. Also came across this post where offbyone sais that he wants to keep onlinevideos for free content only, so it'll have to be a separate account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom