Request to include a weather plugin (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

The package installer doesn't include any weather plugin, however one is required for the homescreen. There are no links in the first post of the avalon thread to download any weather plugins either.

The package installer comes with infoservice plugin. If I click on the infoservice plugin and choose config, then navigate to the weather tab, it tells me to "use the inbuilt weather configuration in MediaPortal". This is wrong because MP Config 1.2.3 doesn't have any weather configuration or plugin included with it.

I would suggest that the package installer either include a weather plugin, or the first post in the avalon thread should contain instructions on setting up weather and a link to a weather plugin. I think this is essential otherwise users will just be presented with the #weather tag instead of images on the homescreen, and it could be confusing for a novice user to set up.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Old weather plugin is working again (on MP 1.2.1) but we are not sure if this is because less people use it. I sent a mail to weather.com with no answer.
    We are afraid to bring it back for MP 1.3.0 BETA because it could break again if a lot of user use it (breaking the limits?). Maybe some testing is needed.

Well... I did not see this was in Avalon thread.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom