Resolution (1 Viewer)

Torach

Portal Member
May 18, 2007
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hey.

I am happy with my Media Portal powered HTPC but I have one problem... I am using an old CRT 28" 4:3 TV and I have to every boot up go to settings and adjust the screen becouse at boot up it is adjusted far to the left and not fully up to the top or bottom. Also I aint able to find the correct resolution to the screen. I can set it to 640*480 or 800*600 and right now I am using 800*600 but I think PAL is something else.

I am using ATI X1550 and S-Video out.

Btw this is in windows and mediaportal both...

thanks a ton in advance =)

mikael

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2005
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Try to go to the advanced settings of your screen and push the button list all modes. See if you can find the 768x576 resolution there...

Torach

Portal Member
    May 18, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks I got the right resolution now.. but still that darn PC drops the screen down to the left... I fix it and then after an reboot it is back there again...

Torach

Portal Member
    May 18, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How do you fix the drop, using ATI's bundled control center? If so, try to upgrade the drivers and see if it works...

Yes I do and yes I allready have the latest drivers... Driving me nuts, didnt have this problem when I was using my gaming PC to watch movies on my TV...

I don't have any experience on a CRT screen, but I think powerstrip can do the trick. http://entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm.

Greetz,

Dekkers

I think Powerstrip only locks an resolution, not how it is placed. But doesnt that one cost money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom