resources and #Develop (1 Viewer)

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
Did you simply rename the resource files?

I compiled yesterday with #Develop. Build was fine. But I can not start the app. I get directly a runtime error. I think this is the resource problem.

With C#Builder I get the IRender error. Dont know what it is. But I'll find out.

I will update the HowTos in the next days.

A

Anonymous

I renamed the resource files in windows explorer, and then removed all the resources and added them back inside #Develop. For some reason I had to one of them twice, but after that it worked, and things seem to be running OK. Let me know if you still have problems and I'll try to help.

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
OK, I tried out.
Build was successfull.
I renamed the resources to MediaPortal.XXXX.resource.
Mediaportal starts without crash. But it does not show the normal Startup Screen. It shows a complete wront screen. I have no idea.

A

Anonymous

What does the screen look like?

Make sure the skins are properly copied over.

I had a wierd screen popup at one point, but made sure I had everything properly copied over and tried again. don't forget the new tag.exe and tag.cfg files.

A

Anonymous

Hey - there is a resource in the home project that also needs to be renamed to

home.SetupForm.resources

recompile home, rerun PostBuild.bat, and recompile MediaPortal, then I think it should work. (I had the same problem when I compiled today's build).

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
OK, I will try this out this evening. Thanks for the moment. I'll give feedback, if it works.

I did not update the HowTos at the moment, because I must get all build properly first, to ensure my HowTo works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom