Resume DVD Playback (1 Viewer)

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Just going back through some old posts, and notice that this one has not been mentioned specifically as a feature request. Frodo has mentioned in the past that he was not sure how it could be done, but I have seen this in Meedio and in WinDVD. Others have mentioned this feature exists in other DVD player software.

So, as a request for a future release, can we please have the ability to resume playing a DVD from the point where it last was stopped. This should be a pop-up window asking whether to resume playback or continue from the start (exactly as per existing Recorded TV or MyVideos playback).

Last time I checked, DVD Bookmarks seemed to work OK, so hopefully it can be implemented as a special bookmark.

Cheers,
Danny

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
Hi Guys -

MP has sported DVD resume for quite some time now. Selecting a previously played DVD from the list should pop-up a message box asking if you would like to resume as per normal videos. Please double-check this and raise it as a support issue if it isn't working for you.

Starting a DVD via the 'Play DVD' button does not offer you the choice to resume - I'm not sure whether this is by design or is a bug.

Cheers,
Smirnoff.

poppy10

Portal Member
May 5, 2005
Smirnoff said:
Hi Guys -

MP has sported DVD resume for quite some time now. Selecting a previously played DVD from the list should pop-up a message box asking if you would like to resume as per normal videos.

Yep, it's working fine for me.

vbap

Portal Pro
February 15, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Smirnoff said:
Starting a DVD via the 'Play DVD' button does not offer you the choice to resume

This would be my problem then...the Disc Notification doesn't appear if the DVD stays in the drive. So, it would mean removing the DVD and re-inserting it (then pausing for a while while disc notification kicks in).

I will check tonight when I am home, but if what Smirnoff says is true, I would like to amend my request to have the resume feature enabled when selecting "Play DVD" button :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom