"resume playback" depends on % setting for "mark as watched status" (1 Viewer)

big_pu_666

Portal Member
January 17, 2009
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
great, tnx for your work !

one remark, and one request:
"resume playback" depends on % setting for "mark as watched status" so if it's set too low (say 50%) then when somebody stops episode at say 70%, plugin thinks it is watched and does not allow resume but starts from beggining of that episode.
and now request: is it possible to include "remember last used folder" (series/season) option ? (like in mp's videos plugin)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

one remark:
    "resume playback" depends on % setting for "mark as watched status" so if it's set too low (say 50%) then when somebody stops episode at say 70%, plugin thinks it is watched and does not allow resume but starts from beggining of that episode.

Then set the % setting to mark an episode as watched at 100% (that's where I have set mine at), so that you never have to worry about it. If all you care for is to watch the first 50% anyway then settings you describe work perfect. The idea behind setting is that if you only have episodes with a ton of credits at the end that you can set the setting between 90% and 99% and then you can simply press 'Stop' when credits begin without having to skip to the end to have it mark the episode as properly 'watched'.

big_pu_666

Portal Member
    January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    yes, i know ! that's what i just said and that's what i did.
    i wrote that so nobody else should wonder why resume playback sometimes works and sometimes don't.
    you don't have to repeat what i just wrote.

longdogs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2009
    Home Country

one remark, and one request:
    and now request: is it possible to include "remember last used folder" (series/season) option ? (like in mp's videos plugin)

I have found that at the default setting of 90 or is it 95% and at 100% setting of "mark as watched status", if I pause a 20 minute episode at the 5 minute mark and come back say 20 minutes later to resume, the episode finishes and is marked as watched. If I only pause for a short time it resumes OK. This is something new to the 3. version, the earlier 2. and 1. versions did not do this.

It appears that there is a clock timing the episode run time that is not paused when the episode is paused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom