Resume Video Playback (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Have you ever been watching a movies and then all of a sudden you have to leave in the middle of it, I hate that! So is it posible to impliment this idea..... I want to be able to save where im at and then, even if I have turned the computer or MP off or watched another movie, when I come back to that movie a pop up will ask me "Would you like to resume for where you left off? Yes, NO" It would be really cool if this feature could be implimented.

Thanks

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yep, and then store the last playtime in the databse (with some nice system also working on multi disc systems) so it will work on allllllll movies..

A

Anonymous

Im glad you guys like the idea, just wanted to add one more thing, make it work with offline dvd and divx/xvid/mpeg movies.
    thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi, I haven't tested this new feature yet, but it borders on another suggestion I intended to make; showing which movie files have been played.

I'm following a bunch of tv series, it seems like this play-resume database could be use to indicate which files have previously been played in the icon browsing.

Thanks for listening,

mejje

Czar63

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Padova, Italy
    I tested it playing a avi movie from hard disk with 0.0.13 but it didn't work.
    How should it work? Should the movie play resume after a stop button, or should I push some new command button to pause and resume?

Anyone tested it with success?
    Thks

A

Anonymous

I've tried it with successfull results on a .avi, just pressed stop, did something else, when I returned it asked if I want to resume, here comes my issue, I continued to watch, THEN I had to go away again, pressed stop, did something else, when I returned and wanted to continue watching it only did so from the first stop and not the second, bug, feature or did I not do something as supposed to?

HenriM

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2004
    Rijsbergen, The Netherlands
    I have tested it and it works brilliant! When you stop a movie in the middle and later want to play it again, you get a nice message-box asking if you want to resume on the place where you stopped the movie or that you want start watching it from the beginning. Simple but brilliant. I didn't test multiple stops, but I presume that MP should remember the last 'stop'. If not, then this is a bug in my opinion.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    if you would have checked our bugsite you would have seen that this is allready been reported as bug...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom