RF Remote (1 Viewer)

clmckinley

May 13, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
One of the main things i want to do with my htpc is control my music in different rooms in my house. I have in wall speakers with in wall volume. Now i am looking for a good RF Remote control. I see that there are a couple of different options on the market and wanted to see if one is significantly better cost/benefit over the other. Because of my setup IR is nice but not something i would pay much extra for.

TIA
Logan

milagroso

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello everybody,

I have a similar situation as clmckinley. I'm looking for a good RF remote for my HTPC. RF is a must, because the HTPC is located in another room one floor below the living room.

My requirements:
    • signal strength enough for trespassing 4m air plus one thick wall.
    • good haptics and usability for a high WAF
    Optionally:
    • additional capability to control AVR, TV etc via IR
    Currently I'm using a Qsonic 6in1 which fulfills these requirements to some degree. However this product is not sold any more and therefore I'd like to keep my eyes open. I didn't yet find a comprehensive overview of remotes for HTPC's with indication of RF capabilities. And I find it even harder to find any experiences about the signal strength of the few RF remotes.

Does anybody know of such an overview or would anybody share his experiences with RF remotes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom