right skin version in MP skin config (1 Viewer)

rexdog

Portal Member
January 1, 2010
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I'v recently installed MP 1.1 Beta on Windows 7. Everything is going fine, but in the skin section of MP configuration, its saying I am using version 1.0.1.0 of Xface?

Yet I installed the latest version which is 1.9 (I reinstalled 1.9 to make sure, after deleting skin cache and old skin folders)

Is that a glitch? How can I work out which version is really working?

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
The 1.1.0.0 you see means this is a skin that is compatible with current MP version. You need a "generation 1.1.0.0" skin for full compatibility.

As far as I know there is no systematic skin version check (meaning as in developer-version instead of generation-version) anywhere.

rexdog

Portal Member
January 1, 2010
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi,

thanks. I get from the last part of your post that I cannot check which skin I'm using.

(The first part of your reply is confusing, as Xface says it is version 1.0.1.0 (same as Blue3 ansd Blue3wide) not 1.1.0.0 - which doesn't relate to the version of MP i.e. 1.1.0.0)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I just quoted that from memory. I agree that it could be easier if Skinversion and MPversion were the same. But then again, if there was a major change that required new skinversions for total compatibility, there would be no possibility to change the skinversion easily... So your 1.0.1.0 is correct. Xface has had no updates in a while anyway.

With some skins you can more easily figure out which one you have installed. StreamedMP for instance installs as a normal program, so you can find that in your Control Panel/Add Remove Programs.

I made a special folder in my downloads called htpc. I just check which version of the skin I have downloaded in there. That is the version I am using.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom