[no Bug] Ripped DVD (VIDEO_TS) playback problem (1 Viewer)

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having real problems playing back VIDEO_TS folders on 1.3.0.0 alpha.
    The same files do playback okay in version 1.2.3.0, using the same codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoders).
    Some files do playback but there is a long pause before playing the video starts, mostly MP just crashed when I ask it to play back a DVD file.

I have attached some logs, but MediaPortal crashed on both occassions that I tried to get the logs, so I am not sure how helpful they will be.

Is this a known issue?

Many thanks

lisa

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am having real problems playing back VIDEO_TS folders on 1.3.0.0 alpha.
    The same files do playback okay in version 1.2.3.0, using the same codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Decoders).
    Some files do playback but there is a long pause before playing the video starts, mostly MP just crashed when I ask it to play back a DVD file.

I have attached some logs, but MediaPortal crashed on both occassions that I tried to get the logs, so I am not sure how helpful they will be.

Is this a known issue?

Many thanks

lisa

First of all.. there was a problem with upgrading your TVServer to MP 1.3.0 Alpha.
    Please go to: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

where 'yourusername' is ........

There you will find:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

Please click on package-tvengine.exe to install it again so that MediaPortal & your TVServer do have the same version number.

Then try to play a DVD again and check if the problem is still there.
    Thanks!

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply, I have installed version 1.3.0 on my laptop to test, acting as a client to version 1.2.3.0 on my HTPC. I don't really want to upgrade my HTPC yet, as it is used by all the family for TV, and well everything really, so I don't want to risk it being unstable.

I guess that may be the problem, so no worries, I'll leave it for now.

Thanks

lisa

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It could be the problem.
    I don't know for sure but that is the only "error" I saw.

Thanks for the reply, I have installed version 1.3.0 on my laptop to test, acting as a client to version 1.2.3.0 on my HTPC. I don't really want to upgrade my HTPC yet, as it is used by all the family for TV, and well everything really, so I don't want to risk it being unstable.

I guess that may be the problem, so no worries, I'll leave it for now.

Thanks

lisa

Something to test:
    You could disable the TV and Radio (In MP Config -> Plugins) on your laptop MP 1.3.0 Alpha installation and see if this helps.

If not:
    Post logs again with TV and Radio disabled after you tried to watch a DVD.
    Thanks! =)

Last edited:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for replying.

I disabled TV and radio and tried again, the ripped DVD does now play but it takes 58 seconds (I timed it) from hitting play until it actually starts playing.

Is this usual? (it was playing from network storage over wifi).

Logs attached in case you need them.

lisa

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Only had a very quick look but
    Code:
    2012-08-09 15:23:41.192527 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: WindowManager: unroute to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu:2012->MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles:6
    2012-08-09 15:24:35.439630 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: MediaInfoWrapper.MediaInfoWrapper: DLL Version      : MediaInfoLib - v0.7.54
    Seems to suggest MediaInfo is taking a while to figure out the details of the file.

Perhaps unticking the use mediainfo for DVD might help (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...onfiguration/21_DVD_Discs_Images/1_DVD_Player)

I can't recall whether these steps are used for DVD folders or not though

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont know. If you copy that ripped DVD to your Laptop hard disk will it play immediately?

I see the long time tho:
    Code:
    2012-08-09 15:23:34.214128 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: DialogWindow: MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu init
    2012-08-09 15:23:41.192527 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: WindowManager: unroute to MediaPortal.Dialogs.GUIDialogMenu:2012->MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFiles:6

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Yes! Copying the folder to the laptop hard drive did the trick, it now plays back within 5 seconds.

Use mediainfo for DVD's wasn't ticked.

Obviously an issue with my wi-fi..

Thankyou for helping (y)

lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom