Codecs SAF v6 (based on LAVF) (1 Viewer)

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hi there,

I had a quick look for you and it appears there is no way of manually switching profiles (via a shortcut) - I thought there was, but it doesnt appear so???

In reality all you need to do is switch between two registry (reg) files/settings - All ffdshow audio settings are stored in registry, you you simply specify what profile you want to use.

As to how you import/load these settings from the remote is the challenge. IRSS will allow this, but its a slight overkill. I thought ARC should allow this too. Trying to think of other ways...

J.

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

I only use the analog outputs of my soundcard, and I want to be able to switch ffdshow profiles via my remote, from mixdown to stereo to mixdown to quad, so that sometimes I can watch films using only my two TV speakers and other times I can watch films using my rear speakers as well.

Does anyone know a way to switch ffdshow profiles manually like this with the remote from within MP? I've tried using ARC to achieve this, but haven't had much luck as you can see: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/806574-post115.html

The only way I can think of to do that would be to setup ffdshow each way you want it and export the setting as a .reg file for both setups

The you would have to create a .bat file for each setup and put something like this in it
    regedit /s C:\ffdshowsetup1.reg

the /s switch stops the registry verification from popping up

Then you can use a couple different IR programs like IRSS available here to run the .bat files with specific buttons

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks for the suggestions.

One thing I wonder about is when the registry change will take effect. If I change profile from ffdshow's GUI whilst media is playing, it changes instantly without interrupting playback, but I suspect that loading a .reg file won't take effect until playback is stopped and restarted which will be a bit of a pain, but if that's the only solution at the moment I'm sure I'll cope ;)

EDIT: I think I've answered my own question. If I just run the .bat files I've created as suggested and then check ffdshow, it shows the relevant profile highlighted, but it is not applied (i.e. the Mixer settings haven't changed).

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hello hoborg,

i have installed the latest version of SAF. I miss PDVD11. Do you not longer include pdvd11 ?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Ok. I tryed again, and now PDVD 11 is installed. Had panic, thanks man !!!

bzrty

Portal Member
    December 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Hi D3ltoroxp!

I am also missing the PDVD11 codec in mediaportal,
    How did you solved this problem?

log:
    SAF 6 - Unlocked offline - decompression failed!

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: SAF v6.00 (based on LAVF)

Hi D3ltoroxp!

I am also missing the PDVD11 codec in mediaportal,
    How did you solved this problem?

log:
    SAF 6 - Unlocked offline - decompression failed!

I have start the update again. Deinstalling, than installed again. Than the PDVD11 was there !!!

bzrty

Portal Member
    December 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

What do you mean with update?
    I've disabled "windows Updates"

I've also uninstalled SAF 6, downloaded saf600_111101.exe unlocked it again and reinstalled it, but it won't work..

Maybe the problem is that I installed first SAF and Mediaportal after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom