"SageTV" (1 Viewer)

captainspanky

Portal Pro
December 8, 2005
Friend sent me a link to an article where some guy runs through setting up a media PC.

He ends up recommending SageTV. When he shows screengrabs of SageTV they are identical to a skinned Mediaportal. Is he off base or is SageTV a varient of MP?

Here's the link

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    We have some awesome skinners here... A lot of times the same people create the same skin for different media centers. Sometimes you have users from a different media center liking our skins so much that they ask the creators if they can mod one of our skins for their use. Usually we do not have a problem with this....

This thing I don't like... is if you are going to take and use one of our skins... REMOVE THE MP ICON! I think it's pretty lame that the skinners can't remove this icon and replace it with a sage icon... but maybe that's just me.

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Yeah the only good skin for Sage is the Blue 2 ripoff. That's the one I use in Sage anyways. Kind of takes the sting out of using Sage...but not quite.

Good news is, I think I can abandon Sage now since last night I made my first scheduled recording, using the Guide and an ATSC card! :lol:

Slack

Portal Member
    January 26, 2005
    NC, USA
    Good news is, I think I can abandon Sage now since last night I made my first scheduled recording, using the Guide and an ATSC card! :lol:

Details forthcoming? In the ATSC thread perhaps.

Perhaps it'll become a sticky??

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It was using the Fusion 5 Lite. And unfortunately, recent SVN builds broke it.

There have been no changes to the TV code recently, so I'm wondering if something else is at play here. Specifically when Framerate drops to 0, there is a No Signal Detected! pop up. SOmetimes MP does not recover from this.

There appears to be other issues too:

Example: I took this from an IRC chat the other day

(16:51:34) (sw1fty) going to playing the graph through graphedit and see if it stayed in sync
    ((17:07:10) (sw1fty) ok, been playing thought graphedit for about 15 mins now and audio is out of sync.. :(
    (17:08:10) (sw1fty) audio is playing ahead of the video by about 1 sec..
    (17:13:13) (C64|work) hmm
    (17:13:20) (C64|work) so it is not realted to FSE
    (17:13:22) (C64|work) that's good
    (17:13:27) (sw1fty) videos just stopped
    (17:13:30) (C64|work) yep
    (17:13:33) (sw1fty) graphedit has hung
    (17:13:45) (sw1fty) just like inside MP when it reports no signal
    (17:13:47) (C64|work) ...so that means it's a OS thing and not a MP thing?
    (17:15:14) (sw1fty) guess so, no idea where we go from here though..
    (17:15:57) (sw1fty) my system is dead now, just like when mp looses signal.. only way to get back from this is to reboot

It's very frustrating, but the TV Devs have been busy with other issues in real life so there hasn't been a lot of time for them to address these things. Hopefully in the next few days we'll get some feedback. In the meantime you can keep up with things by checking these mantis bugs periodically:

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=697

http://mantis.team-mediaportal.com/view.php?id=737

Sorry, guys...I wish I had better news....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom