Same recording issue in 0.1.3 and 0.2.0 - Solved (Kinda) (1 Viewer)

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
I've used 0.2.0 since the beginning of using MP. About 3 weeks ago when any of my scheduled recordings would start the screen would get all blocky and very choppy. When I watch any of thsoe recordings they look the same way.

I uninstalled 0.2.0 and installed 0.1.3 and it has the same issue. Now if I just choose record now it all works fine. No choppy picture and the recorded shows are fine when watching them.

So any ideas why in the past 3 weeks this issue would just show up out of no where?

I had been applying the CVS's to 0.2.0 on a regular basis and when I removed 0.2.0 and installed 0.1.3 I just installed it over the old directory. Could there be an issue with one of the old CVS's?

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sure there can always be problems with the CVS. A CVS is an untested snapshots of the current work. Sounds like a problem with the setting of the encoding quality. Perhaps this was buggy. Littlebit guessing here. ;) The TV engine is under heavy development currently.

Did you apply a new TV-card driver in this time? This could also have caused this issue.

Flip.

jeffp

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2005
    USA
    No drivers have been updated since teh original build back in September. The only chanegs that have been made is installing .Net 2.o and a few Windows Updates.

Have there been any Windows updates in say the last month that have caused any issues?

I'm currently testing a fresh install of 0.1.3 into a clean directory to try and help narrow it down.

Edit: Ok a fresh install of 0.1.3 with the 8/26 CVS applied has the same issue.

Looks like there was a batch of updates install on 10/14 and then again on 11/8. If it's an update my guess would be something out of the 11/8 batch because I didn't have this issue untill right around the begining of the month.

Still doesn't make any sense as to why I can choose record now and it works fine but the scheduled recordings are messed up.
    Any ideas?

Edit#2 Ok I removed the updates from 11/8 and the problem went away. Of course I wasn't thinking when I did and didn't write down which ones there were. I'll see if I can find out and post them so the programmers can look into it.

jeffp

Portal Pro
    October 4, 2005
    USA
    Well.... Mystery solved. It had nothing to do with any updates or apparently any CVS. At around the same time I applied those updates I changed all my recordings to a quality setting of LOW in MP. That LOW setting is what is causing the issue. If I choose default then there is no problem.

So why is a LOW seeting in MP causing this? I guess we can close this string because I posted another one asking what the difference is between the quality settings on the capture card .vs that found with-in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom