Satellite and EPG with Hauppage DVB-S2 (1 Viewer)

pilotedge

Portal Pro
February 19, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

First off, loving mediaportal, although it seems to be eating all my spare time playing with it!! :)

I've just managed to get a sateliite signal, after a lot of sweat and tears, on 28E. Through some trees though so little scared of summer coming!!!!!

Anyway, I'm using a Hauppage DVB-S2 card, on AMD 64 3000+, running vista ultimate. I'm not going to rattle on about S2 stuff as I just want to sort out my standard stuff before getting into TV Server! I would like to say howvever that I get a better picture through MP than the included Cyberlink program. Much Better in fact :)

Anyway I've been reading about setting up WebEPG and Web EPG grabber. I have mapped the channels and got the TVGuide file in the standard directory. However its not coming up in MP. I've checked the settings in MP config and it s pointing to the right file, I've tried deselecting getting EPG from DVB. The nly thing I can find is that if I select TVGuide file from the drop down in the GRabber tab, and hit run grabber, it says it cannot find the file, but it is there!!!! Any ideas??

As an aside I should mention in order to get webEPG to right the TVGuide I had to open up the security settings for the MP directory. But I figure, now its there, it just needs to be read so where's the problem?!!!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    For the xmltv guide to be imported it has to be in the same folder as the .DTD file, on Vista Ultimate show hidden folders needs to be enabled and its at c:\program data\team-mediaportal\medialportal\xmltv

So either move the .dtd file over to the program files xmltv folder (recommended) or the tvguide.xml to program data folder (not recommended).

This is all being changed to correct locations for MP1 release.

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Thank you!! I actually saw that file and thought it was something to do with the other EPG app and didnt need it. Ooooops!!

All working :) Now do I need to turn on the task scheduler to run the grabber at regular intervals as well as the webepg grabber plugin? I dont have a password on my user account as I have it bootin straight to MP on startup... Will I have to change that?

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom