Satellite integration project (1 Viewer)

Doug Strachota

August 21, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm currently a WMC user and have a pretty unique setup. I'm able to get a major US satellite content delivered in clearQAM, so I simply connect an HDHomerun and have these static channels available to WMC. I have to "hack" the guide and assign cable channel data to each, but it works ok for the 48 clear channels coming out of my QAM.

I'd like to switch to MP, but rather than running my satellite channels through a QAM, I'd like to make the IP output available directly to MP. The receiver I use has a SOAP interface for control, so you can send tuning commands to control the 8-tuners on the receiver all via the IP connection. I'm essentially looking for a developer who can help me write this plug-in. I can provide the satellite card for local development and would want to have the ability to add all the channels in the MP guide, with hopefully the ability to edit these as I don't watch the Lifetime Movie channel...etc..

Ideally my setup would be to pull off-air content from the HDHomerun, then pull US satellite from my IP receiver and have everything on one central PC. I use XBOX 360's currently as extenders for WMC, so I need a good alternative here as well. Would a Raspberry Pi work for this?

If you are a developer and would like to help with the project, I will provide the tools you need to accomplish (satellite receiver and programming) to help out. Please PM me if this is something you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom