Satrt or restrict MP to video only (1 Viewer)

rykow

January 9, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have searched the forums but did not find a solution. What I would like to do is use media portal as my video server front end. Ideally I would like to have the media portal icon, when clicked, go straight to the my video screen. If that is not possible is there a way to remove the options on the main screen to just have the selection of my video. I would also like to always open the video screen layout in big icons (it always sets itself back to list?)

Another question I had is - Can I run this on a windows server and have all my PC's access a single instance of MP so they all share the same database. It takes a lot of work to get all my movies correctly related to the IDB information with artwork.

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Kinda.
You can go into MediaPortal Configuration - Plugins and Disable the Window and Process plugins that you don't want to use.

Not sure if you can make it start up in My Videos section, but it will get you close anyways. ;)

rykow

January 9, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for your reply. I figured that out yesterday by trial and error.

But I would really like to start this directly into the video section.

milhouse

Portal Pro
November 9, 2006
Raleigh, NC U.S.
Home Country
I believe the answer is simply "no".

There is an "autostart" plugin, but according to the information it will autostart tv, music, or weather - it does not mention videos. But I did not test it, so that may be a place to start.

Milhouse

rykow

January 9, 2008
Home Country
THANKS! Autostart, That is the answer I needed. This is the Best Media Center out there, I have tried almost all of them, none have the flexibility of this. Can't wait to see the newest version , hopefully it fulfils my desire to run this on a shared server.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    there is also an option in configuration to restart MP in the last module it was in.
    If you disable everything else so only Video is available, it will always be the last module, so will always start there.

Hope this helps. I just guessed and haven't tried it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom