Save/Restore recordings (1 Viewer)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Is there any way to save and restore the recorded programs database when moving from one version/svn to another? I've just updated to the latest svn and in the process lost the list of recorded programs. I can get at the files through the "My Videos" route but it would have been nice to be able to reload at least a list of the programs. Something like the channel name/schedule export/import would be good.

Oh and is it possible to delete a directory from the MyVideos screen? As a result of the upgrade I've now got a bunch of directories with just a single file in them, it would be nice to be able to clean them up after I've watched the program.

None of the above is a big deal, but if it is possible it would be good to know how to do it!

Many Thanks

Andy

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Is there any way to save and restore the recorded programs database when moving from one version/svn to another?

Yes, just use the "Backup/Restore" feature in MediaPortal Setup -> Television -> TV Channels. It will backup up your TV channel settings, scheduled recordings and recorded programs .... :)

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This may sound like a stupid question but does this work with TVE3? I used the export/import feature of the TVE3 setup program to save and restore my schedules and channel settings, but that didn't save the recordings. So should I have used the stuff in the main mp setup program as well?

Andy

McChots

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2006
    Johannesburg
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Oh and is it possible to delete a directory from the MyVideos screen? As a result of the upgrade I've now got a bunch of directories with just a single file in them, it would be nice to be able to clean them up after I've watched the program.

If you bring up the context menu on a folder and select "Delete this Movie"(or whatever the actual wording is) it will delete the folder.
    I'm not sure if it will delete if there is a file in the folder but I think it will.

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    This may sound like a stupid question but does this work with TVE3? I used the export/import feature of the TVE3 setup program to save and restore my schedules and channel settings, but that didn't save the recordings. So should I have used the stuff in the main mp setup program as well?

Andy

It doesn't export the recordings from the tv server setup program, only the schedules. I've posted asking this to be included in the features request section of the forum as I think this should be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom