Saving and loading instant save states without using a keyboard (1 Viewer)

milpool

Portal Member
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I was wondering what creative solutions some of you have come up with to manage saving and loading game states with your emulators. I am looking for a solution that doesn't require a keyboard or mouse, but can include a gamepad and remote control. The following are theoretical solutions I have been thinking about.

1. Only use one single save/load state and just map them to different buttons on the controller (this may cause problems when switching emulators).

2. Use numbers of the remote control, for things like state number selection, and the controller for the actual load and save function.

Any input would be wonderful, I figure this thread would make a good place to share our solutions.

gamingexpert

Portal Pro
August 10, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know in ZSNES you can set specific keys to load specific numbered save states, or just set a hotkey to load, and a hotkey to save, and if you want you can set one to pick which save state you're doing that from. Or I think I have a key set to Esc (which brings up the menu for ZSNES) and my dpad mapped to arrow keys, and something set to Enter. (In a lot of windows programs you can press Alt+F to bring up the File menu, and Alt+Enter to toggle fullscreen on/off, if that helps.)

If any of those dont work you could try to find a program that maps different keys to a controller/remote per program, or just have a couple different macros set up to cover what emulators you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom