Scaleo E - Kworld TV card BDA Driver (1 Viewer)

twiggyuk

March 27, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello

Hope this is the right place to post this query for newbies?

I have setup a Scaleo E - Media centre box with Media Portal - its working very well except for the TV card.

The TV Card Appears to be a generic hybrid card (Philips SAA713X):
http://uk.kworld-global.com/main/prod_in.aspx?mnuid=1335&modid=12&pcid=79&ifid=16&prodid=68

I have installed the drivers (windows shows they are working in Device Manager), but Media Portal does not recognise that there is a tv card whilst in the configuration. Is this card supported by Media Portal?

Do I need a 'wrapper' around the drivers which are BDA compatible, so that it shows as a valid tv card?

Many thanks for any help... (Apologies If I've missed a post about this already)

:)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Are you looking for the card in Mediaportal itself (MP config) or TVServer TV-Server - MediaPortal Manual Documentation.

The later, supersedes MP's built in TV, and normally should auto detect the TV cards, pay special attention to hybrid setup.

For analogue, you may need the windvr3 application (google) to get that side of TV card to work.

twiggyuk

March 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Media portal config used to try to configure tv card..

Thanks for your reply...

I was trying to use Media Portal Config (used successfully before with other cards - Hauppauge mainly) to setup the TV card in the main program.

Unfortunately when I tried the new TV Server application there was some instability in the program that caused it to crash. As soon as this app was removed the instability disappeared... (this was on a fresh install of XPSP3 that was fully patched with only AVG antivirus and k-lite codec pack installed)

I was hoping to use the basic tv setup as it has proven to be easy to use in the past, however if the TV server app is the future then I'll revisit that and try to track down the source of the problem.

Is there a particular forum topic folder I should use to post errors messages from the TV Server app? (sorry new to this site - it will probably stare me in the face when I come out of this posting page!)

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom