schedule a TV record by email (1 Viewer)

mediaportal-fr.com

Portal Member
September 18, 2004
France
Someone one our forum had ask if it's possible to schedule a TV record by email
He explained to use a secret code to prevent spam and to star the plugin
The mail must specify the channel, the date, start hour, stop hour, and the periodicity...

I don’t know if it's possible but it's a good idea!

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Hm, nice idea. So the mail and the powerschedulder plugin should work together. You could set a special email adress, not known on the net, to program your htpc, so no spam would be delivered. On the other hand, your htpc had to be powered on the whole time when you´re not at home. :?

A

Anonymous

The secret code is in reality the title in Mail object. When pop client receive mail with this ojet, it translate to program a record ;)

mediaportal-fr.com

Portal Member
September 18, 2004
France
maybe it's possible to sheldule a wake up for the Htpc to verify the mailBox with the plugin (wakeUp/hibernation) and then the plugin sheldule a new record and the plugin Wakeup/hibernation put the htpc in hibernation mode !

Mars Warrior

Portal Pro
August 26, 2004
Airy Crater, Mars
Home Country
mediaportal-fr.com said:
anybody have an idea to make it ?
Well, not directly, but I used to know someone who has done about this:
- His own mailserver and internetserver is running on his central server
- He has several PC's and other small systems in his house which can be controlled by the internet or by mail (and sms which is received by email btw)
- Some PCs are "on" all the time
- Some wake-up every half our to check for dedicated mail, do their work, and respond by mail or sms their status or the result of what they were instructed to do

The last point is about the same that you already mentioned: wake up periodically, check and back to hibernation... So I only know that that could work, but have no actual working solution or other idea's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom