Schedule Series with overlapping time (1 Viewer)

randome

October 9, 2014
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,

I wonder how overlapping times will work. I am using Hauppauge Colossus, even it doesn't show up on Hybrid, it seems not to dedect overlapping schedules. While I am not sure, as I don't see any plugin called conflict management.

What I try to achive is following:
- I set quite some series that should be recorded. Usually throughout the week they get repeated often. It won't record duplicates and it doesn't really have a plan, when I should set a recording. Some new on Tuesday, Some new on Thursday, but others are repeating versions.

So what I wonder is, will TV Server figure out, that it's an overlapping timer and just uses another day to record?
What I fear is, that it starts timer 1, once finishes, it starts timer 2 (which only captures like 10 minutes). Next day the series is repeated, but it won't record the whole episode, as it already recorded partial and thinks it's a duplicate.

Probably I am also misunderstanding the concept ;)
I come from DVB Recording Service, where I set a search pattern and some detailed rules, like Series X only on Tuesday between 20:00 - 24:00 and Thursday between 2:00 - 6:00 and also assign an priority towards it, in case I miss something, it will prefer a special setting.

I couldn't find such explicit settings on MP (only weekdays, weekend, specific day, and no priorities) but probably there is any other and better logic towards it.

Otherwise I would have to regulary check for overlapping episodes and delete the wrong ones before a wrong recording starts to happen, but try to automate is somehow.

I tried to figure out some details about conflict management, but somehow I couldn't really find much about it.

Thanks
Patrick

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it seems not to dedect overlapping schedules. While I am not sure, as I don't see any plugin called conflict management.
    Hi randome,

We have a conflict system in place, but we have an issue with that at the moment. We're working on a fix which will probably be in the upcoming 1.10 Pre Release version.

I couldn't find such explicit settings on MP (only weekdays, weekend, specific day, and no priorities) but probably there is any other and better logic towards it.
    I think the TvWishList plugin would fit your needs and give you a lot more control over your recordings ;)

More info on the default Recording Schedule options can be found in our Wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom