Scheduled database update. (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

It would be cool if you could schedule database updates to run overnight or something. I have a huge collection of music, but the ID3's are not so great on many of them. I would be good if I could edit them on my server, and have my HTPC update the database regularly to relect these changes.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    Here what I have done ...
    1. edit the ID3 tags of your album
    2. Rename musicdatabase to *.v1 (to keep old copy if you want to go back)
    3. Import your ID3 tags in configure. This creates the new database.
    4. Copy cover art image to thumbs\music folder (check the folder name)
    5. Start MP to check out that new ID3 info is displayed Ok

Then you have a new database.
    I'll do this allways when I get new MP3:s to my music folder.

CoolHammer

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hmm.
    I simply have an incoming folder with mp3's.
    When I am done finishing the mp3's I copy them to the folders allready known to MP and do a rescan (or database reorganising)

Then go to the Albums view and select the new albums and grab the info from the net with f3.

CoolHammer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2004
    Finland
    MrMario64: How long it takes in your enviroment to get album info from internet?

For me it takes at least 2 minutes to get album info after pressing F3. If I press cancel button on dialog, MP jumps to main menu and text of main menu buttons gets corrupted.

Looked down mantis but did't found similar bug reported on ..13 release. I Will look again tonight and report a bug if necessary.

It would be cool that MP saves the retrieved info to database. For me the MP3:s arent changin that much after initial scanning, so getting album info from internet everytime I press F3 key is unnecessary. Pressing update button in album info field would then update the info found on the local database with info found on internet.

Sorry for long explanation but I think this is the reason for I use so long route to update my database.

CoolHammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom