Scheduled recording - changes to TV schedule (1 Viewer)

alexeix

Portal Pro
January 28, 2005
UK
Hi,

Is there a feature in MediaPortal which will move scheduled recordings forwards or backwards, depending on early or (more likely), delayed start to TV programmes?

I doubt it, since the information in Media Portal will only be as good as the TV guide.

I'm not sure if/how it could be done, but I heard that SKY+ has it, so I thought I'd ask anyway.
Thanks.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP only has pre- / post recording time (start recording n mins earlier / stop n minutes later). I am not aware of any solution broadcasting the exact time using DVB? In Germany there was a signal on analog broadcasts that allowed exact timing, but for DVB there is none (I think).

Do you have a link / hint where to find how SKY+ does this?

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    I've just spoken to a mate who has SKY+ and he reckons it only adjusts recording times, when the program times are amended on the EPG - which apparently does happen when programmes are severely delayed.

I suppose if your system is set up to download the EPG very often, it might be possible for Media Portal to carry out the adjustment?

BUT, I'm guessing that most people probably won't want/need their EPG to update more than say once a day.

So, I wonder if anyone's encountered this before, and knows what Media Portal will do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom