Scheduled recording with condition (1 Viewer)

fluff

Portal Member
July 20, 2005
Sweden
Hi

First of all, thanks for a really great program.

I browsed the options for scheduled recording and almost found what I was looking for. The problem here (in Sweden) is that many programs rerun the next day or so. One example is "Jay Leno Show" that airs some time between 00-04 and then in the morning ~09 it will run again. So the closest thing you have as an option in Media Portal is "Schedule very time on this channel". But then you obviously get both the original and the rerun. So the idea is that you have an extra option to define an interval when the recording should occur.

For example:

Record everytime on this channel IF the time is between 00:00 and 04:00

Or is there some other way to do this that I've missed? (No, record everything between 00-04 is not an option and it does not air the same time everyday)

Again, thanks for a great program

Fluff

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
I'd like to see this implemented as well.

MP should recognize from the show description, whether or not it's already been recorded when a "Series" is selected to be recorded. That way, it won't record repeats which sometimes happen a few hours or days later.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Or we could ask for "rerun" tags to be implemented :)

I think this would be the more effective one. In norway we have a mark (r) in the EPG data (webepg) that states this. Would be nice to have implemented into MP.. Let's wait and see..

fluff

Portal Member
    July 20, 2005
    Sweden
    Lyxalig said:
    Or we could ask for "rerun" tags to be implemented :)

I think this would be the more effective one. In norway we have a mark (r) in the EPG data (webepg) that states this. Would be nice to have implemented into MP.. Let's wait and see..

That's definitely one way to do it. I can assure you that I will implement this by myself if it doesn't get official. I really need this function for several programs. But on the other hand, there must be many other people out there that would like to see this too. So in the end this function will be implemented in one way or another.

zombiepig

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2005
    Melb, Aus
    Home Country
    another way to do it would be to check the sub-title field, if it's present in the tvguide. Some tv guides store the episode name in this field, and that would be one way of checking if mp's already recorded that episode.

K

Kanati

I think most guide data information has a unique identifier for a show. That's what should be used to stop reruns from being recorded. It also in a good number of cases shows you the episode number of a series in the final digits of the identifier.

I also definitely request this feature.

Lyxalig

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2005
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This will be implemented soon enough. James seams to have nailed the extraction of relevant data. Currently it gets trashed as there are no function in MP to deal with the data. The good news is that Webepg will be able to provide the data needed, and the raw-data is allready extracted (not released version yet.) :D

fluff

Portal Member
    July 20, 2005
    Sweden
    Lyxalig said:
    This will be implemented soon enough. James seams to have nailed the extraction of relevant data. Currently it gets trashed as there are no function in MP to deal with the data. The good news is that Webepg will be able to provide the data needed, and the raw-data is allready extracted (not released version yet.) :D

Sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom