Scheduled Recordings issues (1 Viewer)

Three6ZeroCool

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I covered up the eHome receiver, and I can not navigate mediaportal anymore. When I uncover the receiver, I can.
So, it would appear the answer to your question is 'yes', I am using it as a receiver.

My computers motherboard does not have Bluetooth, but I do have a wifi card with Bluetooth.
Do you think I should install that card into my PC and use Bluetooth instead of the eHome receiver, and then disable IRSS receive for the eHome Receiver, so it blasts codes to my STB only?

I believe my Harmony Elite can emulate a keyboard via Bluetooth, so would this be better for control?

Three6ZeroCool

Portal Member
April 4, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I installed WiFi/Bluetooth card.
Could not work out how to map all the keys I had under MCE remote, so I changed back to using HID MCE remote.

I disabled 'receive' in IRSS, but it does not make any difference from what I can tell, and the receiver still works to launch Mediaportal, and navigate etc.
However, while setting up the MCE remote from Harmony, I did find a choice of devices, so used a different one to what I was using before, in case it was doing something weird.

When I reinstalled the WiFi/Bluetooth card, I noticed entries In Windows Bluetooth settings for paired devices under mouse and keyboard settings for my Harmony remote, so I nuked those.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just keep in mind that the eHome transceiver can only be used by one program at a time. Since IRSS needs to control the blaster, IRSS also has to control the receiver. That means HID and any other remote settings must be disabled in MediaPortal Configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom