Schedules Direct plugin problem with 1.18 (1 Viewer)

Steve Smith

December 1, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
V1.18 on Windows 8.1 pro

Tried:
plugin V1.11.0.2
plugin V1.11.0.1
firewall off
HOSTS file addition
Double checked username and password

Attached is TVServerlog

Always:
Code:
[2017-11-05 14:39:41,387] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Not connected to Internet or unable to connect to the WebService at this time, skipping update
[2017-11-05 14:39:41,387] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Scheduling next poll for 11/5/2017 3:39:41 PM
[2017-11-05 14:39:41,387] [Log    ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Unable to update Electronic Program Guide, no Internet connection detected

Using a network monitor, the packet to SchedulesDirect goes out, but does not get an ACK:
SDTRace.jpg

An ICMP packet gets then sent by dd.schedulesdirect.org.

It appears that the DNS issue is resolved, as webservices.scheduledirect.tmsdatadirect.com resolves now to dd.schedulesdirect.org (no need for HOSTS file addition now).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Steve

I note that you have 2 NICs:
    [2017-11-05 14:39:00,190] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.3.102
    [2017-11-05 14:39:00,190] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.137.1

Your screenshot shows the request going out on the 192.168.3.102 NIC. Is that the NIC which has Internet connectivity?
    Is the other NIC associated with a VPN, and if yes, does the VPN's routing rules and/or security allow access to the wider Internet?

Steve Smith

December 1, 2012
    Home Country
    No VPN anywhere. The second network (137) is a seperate physical NIC with 2 HDHomeRun's attached with a switch. I do have internet connection sharing enabled to feed DHCP addresses to the 192.168.137 network for the HDHomeRuns. The 137 NIC has no default gateway. The 192.168.3 network is DHCP to a router.

The 192.168.3 network is the internet facing network and that is what is shown to used for the plugin. Everything else with MediaPortal works. Plays great using both tuners. Chrome can access the internet. I can login to ScheduleDirect web from that computer. NSLookup's work.

Thanks for any ideas...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

This is not a username or password issue. That much is clear.

An ICMP packet gets then sent by dd.schedulesdirect.org.
    I don't think this is a correct interpretation of what's happened. Think about it for a moment. The message is "destination unreachable". If you're trying to reach dd.schedulesdirect.org, it makes no sense for your message to reach dd.schedulesdirect.org and for dd.schedulesdirect.org to then respond with "destination unreachable" (because by definition any message that comes back from dd.schedulesdirect.org would mean that the destination is reachable!).

I suspect it's far more likely that the ICMP packet is a bounce back from either your router or elements within the local network stack.

What exactly have you put in the hosts file?

You said you've disabled your firewall, right?
    Completely disabled...?
    ...and that includes the built in Windows Firewall, right?

Finally, please check that you can reach Schedules Direct in a web browser. If you're not blocked (for spamming the service with too many requests), you should be redirected to the SD home page.

Steve Smith

December 1, 2012
    Home Country
    well, after a day, the schedules started coming in without any changes. The times may be off, and it's fall back tonight, so I'll see.

Not sure what SD trigger is, as I can't image I hit it, but ok. So for now thanks for the help. I will respond back if it is not correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom