Schedules Direct (1 Viewer)

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
As IMDb is no longer publishing a tv guide i need to find an alternative to WebEPG to populate my guide here in the USA.
I am thinking i will use Schedules Direct and am wondering what the best way to import to guide is. Does the Schedules Direct plugin still work? Or do i need to use the mc2xml method?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    A free of charge alternative could be tvguide.com. You need to register there but it is free. Then you can use EPG-Buddy to grab and enrich the data with only a few mouse clicks. When configured the EPG will be renewed every day without the need to do anything...

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Hi.
    A free of charge alternative could be tvguide.com. You need to register there but it is free. Then you can use EPG-Buddy to grab and enrich the data with only a few mouse clicks. When configured the EPG will be renewed every day without the need to do anything...
    I am giving EPG-Buddy a try. Got it set up and working when i run it manually but it didn't run last night, looked in the task scheduler and there is no entry for EPG-Buddy. I set it to run at 03:00. I can set the task manually if i knew the .exe that is suppose to run.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe it's an issue with the rights management. Normally all EPG-Buddy- related tasks are running properly under a "normal" user account. But without Admin rights you can not set a schedule for a program running from drive C: . This is a stupid "feature" of Windows 10 (Win7 was working here without Admin rights). That's why there is a little helper tool to set the schedule, called "SetSchedule.exe". This tool requires Admin rights to run and it's only purpose is to add the EPG-Buddy Task to taskplaner. If you are not logged in as an admin when you set the plan, this tool should ask for admin credentials to be able to do it's job. Maybe you've not allowed this or this is blocked by some security settings or tools.

For manually adding the grabbing plan you need to run "Grab-EPG.exe" from the plan. "Grab-EPG.exe" also is a helper tool that calls the "real" grabbing program with all needed parameters. This has to be done multiple times with different parameters to do all that is needed for a full and nice EPG. This helper tool invisibly starts all needed grabbing runs one after another with only one call.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Thanks folks, went and hit the "Schedule" button again in EPG-Buddy and it made a task in the Task scheduler.

HtownWMC

Portal Member
    December 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Is EPG Buddy available for MediaPortal 1 yet? I noticed the top posts says it's only available for MP2, but that was almost a year ago.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is EPG Buddy available for MediaPortal 1 yet?
    You can use EPG-Buddy with every TV Engine that is XMLTV compatible. This includes MP1, MP2, Argus, NextTV, DVB-Viewer,...

There is one comfort function, the matching of channel names read from TV Database, that needs to be written individual for every TV engine. But you always can match channel names manually. This way you can use EPG-Buddy together with nearly every TV Solution for PC.

Because I only use MP2, help by MP1 users was needed to add this comfort feature for MP1 too. That's why the support for MP1 was added later. In meantime support for MP1 with MySQL and also MSSQL is included and fully working. MP1 and MP2 are both fully supported in recent version of EPG-Buddy.

At the moment I try to support ArgusTV too, But this is not finished yet.

In future there may be comfort functions that won't be added (or even possible) for MP1, mainly because the MP1 database is not centralized and unified as it is in MP2. But this is not the case for the recent version of EPG-Buddy and even if some day such functions will be implemented they don't prevent EPG-Buddy from working with MP1, promised...

HtownWMC

Portal Member
    December 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you very much. I got EPG Buddy to work with the help of the initial link you posted.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    because the MP1 database is not centralized and unified as it is in MP2
    Is it a joke? MP1 TV Server database is centralized.Why EPG tool could be interested in MP1 other dbs?
    BTW, Argus has rest api afaik so It could be better of use than connecting to its db. Just my suggestion. Here's our example of usage Source | LogoManager | Assembla

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom