[confirm] Schedules set from SEARCH don't invoke CONFLICT check. (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    If you set a schedule from the EPG then conflicts are checked and reported, which is correct.

BUT

If you set a schedule from within the SEARCH page/menu then conflicts are not checked allowing for problems.

The attached logs are using a single TV Tuner setup which shows the problem more easily.

There is an existing schedule which should invoke a schedule conflict when a schedule is chosen to be set from another MUX within the same time range, this works correctly from the EPG but from the SEARCH page/menu the conflict isn't checked and the schedule is allowed.

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    Believe it or not I've always thought of this as a nice little bonus, cutting out 10+s of checking that's rarely needed (with 4 tuners and MPs high false detection rate on UK Freeview).

Can't remember a 1.x version this has ever been implemented in. Not sure I want it fixed ;)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Believe it or not I've always thought of this as a nice little bonus, cutting out 10+s of checking that's rarely needed (with 4 tuners and MPs high false detection rate on UK Freeview).

Can't remember a 1.x version this has ever been implemented in. Not sure I want it fixed ;)

Not a very helpful response.

If your checking is taking 10+s there possibly is something wrong with your set up,; my main 4 tuner set up with a large number of resident schedules ,both historic and current, checking takes less than a second in most cases.

Back to the context of the thread; if you have 1 or 2 tuners only then the conflict check is a must have within this context.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How can one verify this bug? Enable only one tuner, try to set two schedules?

Mark

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    How can one verify this bug? Enable only one tuner, try to set two schedules?

Mark

One tuner enabled is the easiest.

If you have two tuners and know your channel/mux set up then you can set up two schedules on two different mux at the same time. Both will set as there is no conflict. ie BBC 1 and ITV1.

Now you can test.

When you set up a third schedule on another different mux ,ie FILM 4, at the same time period as the two others you should get an advice of a conflict.

This conflict advice will occur if you set schedule via the epg but will not appear if set via the search function, hence a conflicting schedule will be set up in error

A link to the UK freeview MUX listing below to help UK testers

UK DTT Channel List (Freeview/Top Up TV Anytime)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom