SchedulesDirect plugin and CableCard channels (1 Viewer)

madas

Portal Pro
November 5, 2007
I'm having a bit of an issue getting my HDHomerun Prime channels to be identified by the SchedulesDirect plugin. Here is an example

HDHomerunPrime scan finds "FODHD" and says channel 732

In my schedulesdirect guide I have "FOODHD" and says channel 732

under the plugin I have ticked "allow EPG Channel Mapping by Channel Number only" and ticked "Force full guide update on next TVservice start" (and restarted)

I believe this should get these channels to map - but it doesn't. Some channels do seem to work. Any thoughts?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I believe this should get these channels to map - but it doesn't. Some channels do seem to work. Any thoughts?
    The only sure way I know to get the SD plugin to link guide data to the correct channels is to rename the TV Server channel to match the SD callsign.

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    oh dear...thats a lot of work.

I guess the "allow EPG Channel Mapping by Channel Number only" doesn't do what is described above?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess the "allow EPG Channel Mapping by Channel Number only" doesn't do what is described above?
    In short, no.
    From the code, I think the channel number referred to there is the physical channel number that the channel is broadcast in. With that in mind, I don't know how that option could possibly be helpful for digital broadcasts (ie. ATSC or digital cable) where there is often more than one sub-channel broadcast on each physical channel.

oh dear...thats a lot of work.
    If I were you I would use mc2xml to pull the SD data into an XMLTV file, then import it via the XMLTV plugin. The XMLTV plugin allows you to manually specify which EPG channel should be associated with each TV Server channel without renaming etc.

madas

Portal Pro
    November 5, 2007
    Thanks - i'll give that try.

Its a little off topic - but I have a HDHomerun and a Hauppauge Colossus. If I receive the same channel on both I have to actually create two channels correct? there is no way to link one channel to both devices?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If I receive the same channel on both I have to actually create two channels correct? there is no way to link one channel to both devices?
    You can create channels with two tuning details - one analog and one ATSC - that can be shared by both tuners.

snickwad

Portal Member
    May 26, 2008
    Trowbridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having the same issue having just obtained a Ceton Infinitv 6 PCIe. I too found the mapping via channel number only to not function as the option description would indicate. Based on the abovereplies, the only option is to rename over 300 tv channels to the SD subscribed channels naming format, as below.

upload_2015-1-15_12-46-51.png

Is my understanding correct, as that's a lot of input to ensure a high WAF......

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is my understanding correct, as that's a lot of input to ensure a high WAF......
    Yes, your understanding is correct... if you insist on using the SD plugin. Note that there are various ways of approaching this:
    1. Apparently you can rename the channels in your SD lineup (by logging in on their website etc.).
    2. You can rename the channels in TV Server configuration. Don't forget that you don't need to do a full edit for the channel. A slow double click (click... click) on the channel row makes the name editable.
    3. You can export the channels (import/export section) and rename them in a text editor.
    Of course they are all variations on the same theme. Ultimately a better solution would be to give the SD plugin the ability match on channel numbers for digital channels. Any interested developer could do this as the code is open source...

In the meantime, another option would be to use mc2xml to get your SD data into an XMLTV file, then use the XMLTV plugin to import it. The XMLTV plugin has "fuzzy" name matching (ie. might get a better hit rate), and also enables you to manually fix mappings without renaming.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think the SD account control webpage supports option #1 "rename channels", for my USA OTA/antenna lineup I can only enable/disable channels, but can't modify names.

I'm currently using SchedulesDirect account/data ($25/year) with mc2xml version 1.3 and MePo xmltv pluggin for OTA/antenna/ATSC. The following message (2nd half) gives some info on using mc2xml with SchedulesDirect. I prefer the way the xmltv imports the data over the SD-plugin, my personal preference. For an OTA listing the SD-plugin auto-match based on ATSC Major-Minor numbers does a good job and works for all my OTA/ATSC channels, but this does not apply/help for cable lineups.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/new-version-of-mc2xml-v1-3.128433/

I also use the mc2xml option for a mc2xml.ren mapping file that lets me create/edit a channel renaming file with 2 sets of channel names to map between the SD-EPG-ChannelNames that are downloaded and the MePo-ChannelNames found when MePo does a channel scan. Kind of a pain to setup the 1st time for 50 or so ATSC channels, can see how it could be royal pain to do this for 300 cable channels. But you do this once and hopefully don't need to update/modify the mc2xml.ren file very often.

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't think the SD account control webpage supports option #1 "rename channels", for my USA OTA/antenna lineup I can only enable/disable channels, but can't modify names.

That's true. If you have to make changes it HAS to be in MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom