Scores Reported as ZERO (1 Viewer)

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
April 29, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I (think) I have IMDB+ configured to show me RT audience ratings in Moving Pictures, but most of the movies show a score of zero. I have IMDB+ set as the ONLY scraper in Moving Pictures and have re-imported all the movies several times with no results.

Any ideas?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, RT is broken in existing release.

I fixed it at source code level, but Google Code is read-only now, so I need to release a new GitHub based IMDb+ plugin, and I just have not had the time yet.

If you use an SQLite database editor, you can manually apply the changes to the v4.9.52 version of the scraper-script in the 'scripts' table, but do not adjust the version/year then, otherwise the IMDb+ plugin will overwrite them again with the Google-Code version that does not work.

Diff view @ https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/commit/f9122cbdd41e39fefa0770ef12ba9fe695827d82

I will try again to find time this weekend to release a new MPEI for IMDb+ plugin, as I was frustrated last time I tried that I pushed it to the side.

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll stay patient for the update in MPEI.

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for your work on this plugin and for the recent update. Unfortunately, I am still getting scores of zero imported through Moving Pictures. I have IMDB+ configured as the only data source, and Moving Pictures reports that it is using scraper v4.9.55 published 2/7/16.

Could this be an error in configuration on my part, or is the scraper still malfunctioning? I've attached a screenshot of the settings I'm using. I am hoping these settings result in the scraper using RT audience scores in MP.

Thanks again.
    2016-02-08.png

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    @Big_Chubbz RottenTomatoes puts up blocks now a lot of times, and API keys are needed (you can register with RT easy for your own developer API key to allow 10,000 requests a day, and then manually add that key to IMDb+ options file for now). The moving-pictures.log file should tell me more if that is the case. They should still allow 5 movie imports a day though, but you might have mass updated/imported your library.

To get the right info in the log files I would need the following:

MediaPortal in debug mode
    Moving-Pictures with scraper-script debugging enabled
    IMDb+ adjusted with the manual option enabled to put HTML sources in log file

The instructions for the above are splintered at: https://github.com/RoChess/IMDbPlus/tree/wiki and make sure the log file you provide contains JUST ONE movie imported/refreshed, because otherwise it is too hard for me to deal with the asynchronous mix of multiple threads.

Last edited:

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help. I hope I did this correctly. The log file is attached. I'm happy to register for an API key, if that will solve the problem. Where can I find instructions for editing the IMDB+ options file with the key?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yup, that is exactly what I needed to see what's happening.

Seems RottenTomatoes changed things as well, as I immediately spot the following error:

09-Feb-2016 14:39:40 Warn [ ScraperNode]: Could not connect to //www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bridge_of_spies/. Unable to cast object of type 'System.Net.FileWebRequest' to type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest'.

So expect an IMDb+ scraper-script update shortly that adds http: to that.

As far as RT API key goes, I summed that up in this post: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...db-scraper-v4-9-41.98978/page-38#post-1132276

Big_Chubbz

Portal Member
    April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks, @RoChess ! It looks like it is fixed. I still have a bunch with zeros, but the ones that are populated have the correct data.

I'm guessing the zeros are a result of RT limiting the number of queries that I am allowed? Out of curiosity, do you know what those limits are? I couldn't find anything when I searched their site and did a quick Google.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    From trial & error it appears to be roughly 5 free calls per day, or 10,000 a day when you have an API key.

The moving-pictures.log file should contain some reference to the error when you import/refresh movies, even when logs are limited to just info.

It will have an entry along the lines of "page not found" or "access denied" for rottentomatoes.com in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom