Screen Saver Disable (2 Viewers)

S

sennir100

A feature request that I don't think will be much trouble to implement..

Whenever watching TV via MP, and using only the remote to control it, after 10 mins I always end up with the screensaver kicking in.

I realise that MP is meant to be used in a situation where the screensaver should be disabled, but I use this as my workstation and would prefer to have the screensaver-screen locking left enabled.

I've seen in other media programs that have a "disable screensaver whilst full screen videos are running" (Winamp)

Apologies if this has been posted before (I was suprised I couldn't find this brought up previously..)

Thanks

Rob

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I notice in the latest CVS build of MP there is a new button marked "Disable Screensaver while in full screen mode".
    I haven't tested it, but I guess it is what you are looking for.

Download and install the latest CVS from the link on the MP home page.

Well how's that for a fast response to your feature request :)

A

Anonymous

What about situations where (like myself) I have a rear projection HDTV and don't want burn-in to occur. So if MP is idle for some period of time without showing TV or whatever, it goes into a mode where it's changing the display. I don't think you can accomplish this with the normal screen saver in Windows today because it'll kick in if you're watching TV or a movie.

Tivo does this type of thing when you're listening to music, it shows the track playing, but it moves it around the screen so it's not in one place.

Is this already supported? If not, I'd like to submit it as a feature request.

S

sennir100

Ooh, excellent!

I just downloaded the CVS release, and it kinda caused lots of bad things to happen.

I think I'll wait until 1st June, when the proper release is made.

Many thanks! :D

Rob

djonline

Portal Member
    June 17, 2010
    Windows 7, power option in windows is 'Turn off display after 3 minits of inactivity'.
    After pressing pause in Mediaportal while playing more than 3 minits it can't prevent turn off display, simple power off it.
    Please check and fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom