Screensaver on Home or BasicHome (1 Viewer)

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Do you want a screensaver item on your MediaPortal Home or BasicHome menu? Read further.

For detailed assistance with steps 1, 2, 3, 7 or 9 please refer to documentation included with MultiShortcut.

1. Install MultiShortcut plugin
    2. Make a copy of the plugin dll and call it Screensaver.dll
    3. Run the included DllFix.exe
    4. Start MP configuration
    5. Go to plugins
    6. Make sure Screensaver is ENABLED and LISTED IN HOME
    7. Configure Screensaver. Make a note of the plugin ID while you are here.
    8. Populate the exe field with your screensaver (example: c:\windows\system32\sspipes.scr)
    9. Populate other relevant fields (do we need more explaining?)
    10. Now you should have a menu item on your Home screen
    11. Want to take it a bit further to your BasicHome screen? For this you will have to use a skin with a menu editor or you will need to have the knowledge to customize the basichome.xml file yourself. This tutorial will (for now) only cover the menu editor (Aeon/StreamedMP/...)
    12. Create a file in your skin directory and name it Screensaver.xml
    13. Put the following code in it and be sure to replace the 12345 with your own plugin ID (see step 7)
    14. <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
      <window>
      <id>12345</id>
      </window>
    15. Now open your BasicHome Editor and include the Screensaver item on your BasicHome menu
    16. Geneate new menu
    17. NJoy

Thanks to our community, firstly for the plugin and secondly for the nice basichome menu editors available.

asd7000

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2008
    Well there is a much easier way, just say Mp it should blank the screen when idling. I needed that because my Plasma started to get a ghosty Mepo :D

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    :D

OK maybe I should have said that it is if you do not like the plain black screensaver.

Ofcourse the downside is that you need to manually activate it, but there was a few requests for this over the past year.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Thanks for this I'll give it a try... What I would really like is an option to the MP blank screensaver to allow the standard Windows SS to run instead... I'm sure there used to be a plug in that did this, but it seems to have got lost... I'd like to be able to use one of the many aquarium screen savers when mp is not running...

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom