Searching in music database (1 Viewer)

divinius

Portal Member
June 1, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
im working on my new htpc, trying to get all the things i want into my pc, but there's still one thing
the main reason i started making my htpc is for the music, and i've always used foobar2000, with way of searching music just like it works in iTunes

i've been trying to get MediaPortal just the way that works, but i just can't find the right config or plugin to supply my needs so maybe anyone here can help me..

i was wondering, is there a way to instantly search after typing when you're in the mainscreen of MyMusic (in my case, the full artist list)
something like this:
-you type something (like bea), i'd even prefer to see a real input bar (like in foobar and itunes)
-then you see all the artists containing bea; the beatles, beastie boys, alphabeat etc
-click on one of the results, and in the next screen (albums in my case) you can do the same thing

this would be sort of like the search function in itunes and foobar, imo its the fastest way to find something

because now, when i type for example pink, and i'm not directly being transferred to the first word starting with pink, but containing pink, and the first word containing pink is in the top of the list, and the first word starting with pink is almost on the bottom, so thats pretty useless.
And since spaces won't work (for pink [space] floyd) its just not working..

i certainly hope i made myself clear, it could be a little confusing ;)

a little visual example:
mediaportalmymusicsearchklein.jpg

an example of how i use foobar search:
mediaportalzoekfoobar.jpg

by the way, i have all my id3-tags right, i have set the view settings in the MPconfig to the way i like (artists>albums>tracks) but i've got 4000-5000 artists, so i just want to find them fast
and i don't want to press left, go to search, type my search, and see a huge list of all the results.. thats just not convenient:rolleyes:

p.s. is there a way to not having to press the shift+[] combination but just start typing? ive removed all the keyboard shortcuts containing letters, so that won't be a problem

if anyone could help me, even a little bit, i'd be very very thankful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom