Forum Searching old posts (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello high

By default the forum search engine pulls up a limited set of results. Previously it used to be possible to select something like "get older results" on the final results page. That option seems to be gone now. Can we have it back please?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi, can you define 'now' (worked days/weeks/months before?)? There is no default xenforo function that allows that (limit is set to max 1000 results while users see less if it includes hidden/private/personal content).
    It may have been a sideeffect/benefit of an addon but no idea atm.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was referring to this feature which you told me about:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...some-help-anybody.131600/page-26#post-1193368

That feature obviously worked in August last year when you told me about it, and seems to be still working now (just checked) when I [for example] search for posts from frodo. I guess it isn't relevant to the problem I'm currently facing. Sorry.

Let's start again...
    Example: just now I wanted to find the oldest post mentioning madVR. I get 23 pages of results, but the oldest is only from July last year. A result set hard-limit would explain that. With such a limit, and without an "older than" filter, it seems I haven't got a hope of finding the older posts that I'm actually interested in.
    What options do I have?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, thats only availiable in specific searches like for example users but does not exist for forumwide-searches.
    don't have an advice yet, need to check some options. Will let you know if I find anything useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom