Searching/Selecting file in My Music and My Videos etc (1 Viewer)

madaz

December 22, 2004
Brisbane
It would be a great feature if in my videos my music etc you could search/select a particular file by starting to type the file name etc much like u can in Wind Explorer would be alot quicker than using page down/up etc or the built in seach function of MP well at least this would be for the people that have a KB still attached to there system with having over 5000 mp3s to choose from creating playlists etc can take quite an amount of time.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Agreed - even better would be to make the search functionality possible for remote control users as well.

DMAN.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MrMario64 said:
    so you mean like the way it works now in My Music???

Yes for MyVideos - I gotta lot ;-)
    I would not use it much to be honest - just would be nice.

DMAN.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I think he means just typing the name of the file/artist/song. So if you are looking for "Rammstein - America" and you are in the artist view you could just start typing (R, A) and the selection would jump in the list to the artist that starts with the letters that are already typed, for example it could jump to "Rage against the machine" and as you continue typing (M) the selection will end up on the correct artist (Rammstein).

This sounds really good, it would also be possible to do this for remote users with some SMS/T9 prediction.

Only real problem is that currently a bunch of keys are mapped to letters like B=stop, Y=OSD, etc...

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well this is possible in mymusic, its just that you need to press the search button first. If you want to search for songs that 'start with' instead of 'contains' the letters, click the 'contains' button and it will change.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom