Searching the best graphic card for my MP (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Yeah, get the HD6670 save the cash to put towards a fund for new brake rotors for your porsche :)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Country flag
    Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH.

What a difference! The picture looks superb and no pixelation at all. I have tried the limited Freeview HD channels and all are performing flawlessly, bar a couple of dropped frames. I have had the athletic championships on for some time - rapid movement and whole screen rapid panning and it played great.

The bonus was the shop I went to was offering a 10% discount for today on the graphic card I was looking at, so enough in the budget to have a couple of pints too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

No problem, and thanks for the explanation. :) Yep, this looks better now. (y) To be clear: having the tuners paired as a hybrid tuner is/was the right thing to do. I would recommend that you recreate/reconfigure the hybrid group. Your understanding seems to be incorrect. The purpose of pairing the tuners is to inform TV Server...
    No problem, and thanks for the explanation. :) Yep, this looks better now. (y) To be clear: having the tuners paired as a hybrid...
    After trying to scan for analog channels on an Asus TV Tuner Card (PS3-110), I get the following message upon failure to scan...
    Replies
    Views
    Found the solution on a forum. With Samsung LCDs you have to change the input (e.g. HDMI 1) type to "PC". It then handles the signal differently. Picture is crystal clear now. Stupid Samsung. Thanks for your help.
    Found the solution on a forum. With Samsung LCDs you have to change the input (e.g. HDMI 1) type to "PC". It then handles the...
    Hi all, I have just setup a new and working HTPC with MediaPortal to playback sat tv (DVBS2), MKVs and Blu Ray discs. I am going...
    Replies
    Views
    I'll have a look. Thanks.
    I'll have a look. Thanks.
    I decided to finally upgrade my HTPC to allow for the impending end of WinXP updates & the use of 3D blu-rays. I had looked at...
    Replies
    Views
    Enough, I had more than one year running. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/my-fanless-htpc.118830/
    Enough, I had more than one year running. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/my-fanless-htpc.118830/
    I've been running with my current MePo machine for a number of years now (I originally specified and built it back in 2008, see...
    Replies
    Views
    What driver version shows up in nvidia control panel, if later than 276.xx you may find that could be the culprit, even though logs showing ffdshow video filter not found. Also reinstall any codecs after changing any video or audio driver as this may affect associations influenced by the driver within the registry. If you think it...
    What driver version shows up in nvidia control panel, if later than 276.xx you may find that could be the culprit, even though logs...
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3 MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP Windows Version: Win7 SP1 CPU Type: Intel Core 2 Duo P7550 2,26GHz HDD...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom