[NVIDIA] - Secondary display tearing

Discussion in 'Video-Cards' started by Ventry, January 2, 2014.

1. Ventry

Ventry Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Show System Specs
    I have a Panasonic 55" plasma connected via hdmi-dvi and a BenQ W1070 connected via hdmi.
    The displays are recognized by windows and are mirrored.
    Whichever display is connected as secondary monitor (windows automatically treats hdmi as primary and dvi as secondary in mirrored mode) there is screen tearing when playing movies/videos.
    Particularly when there is "panning".
    Is there a way to fix this?
    Would a hdmi splitter work?
    How would Windows handle the splitter?
    My system specs are under my forum name on the left.

Cheers
    Ventry

Update;
    I went ahead and purchased a HDMI Splitter and this has fixed the problem. (Windows sees only one monitor)
    From the research I have done i would seem this is a Windows issue. Windows is reporting the secondary monitor as having changed the refresh rate but, it is not actually happening.
    There is a "suggestion" that this has been fixed in Win8 however I could not find confirmation.

Last edited: January 3, 2014
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zuzler

Zuzler Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +9 / 3
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor. Only on live TV though, video file playback worked well.
    Disabling the Dynamic Refresh Rate Control fixed this issue for me. I'm directly connected via HDMI on a Radeon 7870

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!