[Skin] #selectedpath is there something possible like that? (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As I can't find anything about this in Wiki or forum I like to ask here. I desperately missing some selecteditem related "extras" during skin modding.. As we can't do any string operation in XML (like leftstring(string) or so) it's hard to access files that belongs to the selected listitem. E.G. if we have a subdir with movie file, cover and backdrop in it's easy to reach the movie file with "#selecteditem". As example we have #selecteditem = Z:\Movies\Avatar\avatar.mkv But how can I access Z:\Movies\Avatar\backdrop.jpg or folder.jpg to show this as backdrop or cover (without database and/or fanart handler)? If we had something like "#selectdpath" containing Z.\Movies\Avatar\ this would be easy too. The only thing I know of is #selectedthumb, but that did not do the job...

Did I simply miss something already available or is this a feature that is not available up to now? In second case I would love to have this as an improvement.
    Thanks.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    It's not a big deal to add that but beware for big delays in item browsing when image is bigger (like backdrops), skin engine have a big problem with them.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for answering. If the delay is too big this probably will be useless.
    If browsing video folders with MyVideos plugin in share view I had modified the skin to use #selectedthumb as backdrop. This works like a charm and without any notable delay but as long as I have "real" backdrops and covers alongside the movie I prefer to use this instead the thumb. I'm looking for a way to do so but didn't find any now. As I always have backdrop.jpg and folder.jpg in movie subfolder I'm searching a way to display them without any extras like db or plugin... I have lots of videos not listed in IMDB (never will be there like private holiday movies and such things) the common database isn't handy for such videos.

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    folder.jpg should work always for DVD/BD rips and for other files in separate folders with switch "Every movie in it's on folder" for particular share, and in case of many videos in one folder it should be videofilename.jpg (this behavior I fixed for 1.3.0B, in Alpha release it's not always the case).

Backdrops are problem. I tried before just as you want but delays are so big that I gave up. Only what I can do is to try to find any backdrop file and forward it into some property which FA handler can read and process on item select. I will try to see with @cul8er if this will be a problem for FA handler for data-baseless my vids. For me it's easy to create such a properties because everything is already in code.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom