4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi guys!

I’m setting up another computer as a TV Client in the bedroom and will hook it up to an old TV. Hooking the computer up to a TV means moving it away from close to the bed, moving it means I need to get a remote to the computer.

The computer is a laptop and maybe that limits the selections of remotes a bit? The computer has only USB ports so it has to be an USB remote… I’d also like to get a remote that is already supported my MP so I don’t have to configure it. Another sweet function would be like my Hauppauge remote to be able to start MP using the remote.

So what remote should I get?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'd recommend that you get the European one w/teletext buttons (if possible).

You can also get a MCE remote bundled with Hauppauge products, but they don't have the same quality feeling. The MS remote can be used to directly turn of/on TV and vol +/- - not sure it this goes for "bundled" remotes.

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I got the remote today and it feelz gooood, way better than my Happauage remote, I got the textbuttons and all that stuff...

Only anoying thing is when I press the green "start" thingie on the remote my XBOX 360 starts up :{
    Good thing I'll be using this remote in another room :)

Now I'll just have to find out how to make the remote start Media Portal when pressing something on it... if anyone knows please post link to thread, I'm off searching the forum for that info.

Found plug-in that solves the starting Media Portal using the MCE remote, it's called MPTray and can be found here:
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Input/MPTray/

I have to say, this is a great remote :)

Dubyahjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Atlanta
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can turn off remote start under the system blade of the 360 dashboard if it bothers you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom