"Send Playlist To..." button in Music section (1 Viewer)

jimmydu3

Portal Member
July 3, 2005
I often create playlists in MP and would love to be able to send the playlists and it's files to my mp3 player with the click of a button. Many mp3 players mount as a drive letter, so all the button would have to do it bring up the option to send the playlists to a choice of drives. This would be a really cool/beneficial to have like iTunes does when it sends a playlist to the iPod. Thanks so much, James

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    jimmydu3 said:
    I often create playlists in MP and would love to be able to send the playlists and it's files to my mp3 player with the click of a button. Many mp3 players mount as a drive letter, so all the button would have to do it bring up the option to send the playlists to a choice of drives. This would be a really cool/beneficial to have like iTunes does when it sends a playlist to the iPod. Thanks so much, James

I like the idea of this.....seems simple to implement and very useful. Im up for doing it :)
    How do you see this working? Lets say the MP3 player is mounted as G:
    ITunes does a syncronisation between the PC and the iPod...so all the new tracks on the PC get downloaded to the iPod and all the deleted ones on the PC get deleted from the iPod. Same with playlists.
    This would seem to make more sense than a Send to Player button as the code would need to know where to copy the MP3's to....into a folder with the playlist on "G:" ...or into its own album folder "G:/Artist/Album".
    And before anyone else tries to code it....I bagsie it :p :p :p

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I would imagine the user would have to tell whether or not it was an iPod or some other device so the correct format and structure was being used in the transfer. Am I correct?

Mike

egonspengleruk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    mzemina said:
    I would imagine the user would have to tell whether or not it was an iPod or some other device so the correct format and structure was being used in the transfer. Am I correct?

Mike

Im ruling iPod's out initially as I dont have one....and iTunes does it rather well from what I see of my g/f's.
    My MP3 player is mounted as a drive when its plugged in via USB....so its literally a case of comparing X: with your music folder in MP.

Egon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom