Separating Video Catogories (1 Viewer)

Littledread1

December 3, 2011
I have downloaded & installed Mediaportal 1.3 Alpha. Now I have a quite large video/Music collection which includes Movies, TV shows, Documetaries, Boxing, & UFC already in separate folders. I would like to display these as separate categories on the home page & add covers, fanart, trailers for the Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries, UFC...is this possible with mediaportal? would I need any kind of add-on or skin to achieve this? If so what would be the best plugins to use?

Tia

Littledread1

December 3, 2011
Thank you, I have tried both plugs Moving Pictures & imdb have worked fine so far but MPTV Series has failed parsing many of my TV episodes which I'm currently seeding. Is it possible to edit the details without actually changing the local file name?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, it is entirely possible, but you will need to create suitable set of regex expressions to do it. Look at the MPTV series forum, that will help in working out what you need to do, and you may find that the simplest to getting them all to parse it to set the series, season & episode by hand for those that really prove stubborn.

Cheers - J.

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The functionally of the TheRenamer is exactly not what was requested however in follow up by Littledread1 - if name changing was option, I'd +1 the above recommendation.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom