Server folders not seen (1 Viewer)

eetaylog

Portal Pro
March 6, 2007
South London
Home Country
England England
since updating to the latest 0.2.3.0 release ive noticed a problem on my home setup. i have an htpc system in my living room that is connected via a netgear wired router to a server in another room. The server has a 2Tb Raid0 setup and gets woken up from hibernation (it goes into hibernation if left idle for 15 minutes) by the PCI network card.
the problem is that lately, whenever the HTPC in my living room is turned on, it can no longer access the film, music or photos folders stored on the server, even though i can still see the network folders in windows explorer.

The movie/music/photos folder addresses in mediaportal setup still seem to be correct, and after deleting and re-adding the folder addresses, mediaportal can once again see them. the problem only seems to occur when powering down the htpc and turning it back on. MP seems to 'forget' the folder addresses, even though theyre still correct in MP setup.

ideas anyone?:confused:

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    are you using mapped drives and if so, have you got them set to reconnect at login?
    Is the server waking up when th HTPC is trying to view the contents of its folders?

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    yes ive mapped the server drive that contains all my media (S: ). ive set the bios to wake the server via the network connection when my htpc is turned on. i can see the mapped S: drive contents in windows explorer but not through media portal. interestingly, if i open the mapped drive in explorer FIRST and then open up mediaportal, i can see the S: drive contents. its almost as if MyVideos in MP isnt accessing the S: drive and therefore not waking the server up.

this wasnt a problem until recently, i used to be able to boot up my media centre, have mediaportal start automatically, navigate to my videos/music/pictures and id be able to see all my media. was wondering whether its a 0.2.3.0 release issue?

Leon_Gjerland

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2005
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try using UNC-names (\\servername\share).

If for example S: is mapped to share "Media" on server "Server", enter \\Server\Media in Mediaportal Configuration instead of S:

eetaylog

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    South London
    Home Country
    England England
    good idea, ive got a feeling that the 0.2.3.0 release only uses the mapped address by default when choosing a folder, i.e

S:\Films

instead of \\server\S:\films

ill try it when i get home tonight

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom