1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova S USB2
1. TV Card Type: external DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 3.9.612.27160
MPEG2 Video Codec: Win/MediaPortal Stock
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Win/MediaPortal Stock
h.264 Video Codec: Win/MediaPortal Stock
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 1

Hi,

I have an old laptop with an defective graphics card. I access it via Remotedesktop and have tried to use my Hauppauge Nova S USB2 with it. It works for recording with WinTV7 however the recorded video is not entirely fluent. I remember that issue from when I initially bought this card so I wanted to use a different software. I actually only want to record the stream so I guess there is no need for a graphics card to process it. Can MediaPortal do that? If not is there another software for this?
I really only want to record program X at time Y and watch it somewhen and somewhere else!
Thanks!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome CGT :)

I actually only want to record the stream so I guess there is no need for a graphics card to process it. Can MediaPortal do that?
    Yes, you can install the TV Server component on your laptop without needing a graphics card, however you will need a plugin to be able to schedule recordings without installing the MediaPortal front end client. TvWishlist should do the job I think.

mm

CGT

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2012
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply and sorry it took me a while to get back to this. So, I installed the server on the laptop without graphics card and the client on my other laptop.
    Then I searched for channels on the server and it found some. I opened the client and went to the TV section. There are some channels showing up but it always says there is no information available and unfortunately I havn't succeeded in seeing any video on my laptop. I am not completely sure if the client communicates with the server or if the channels list is simply downloaded from the Internet. I tried to find some more info on the wiki but wasn't successful.
    So I am honestly not sure if there is something not working correctly or if I forgot some important configuration. Could you help me to get this running before I try TvWishlist?
    Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom