Setting page count ? (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

I am creating a new plugin for MP - a DVD catalog....I am new to creating plugins, but I think I am making reasonably good progress.

My problem - when I display the list of DVDs the total count (set by #itemcount) is displayed correctly - but the page count is all messed up - looks like something is overlaying the 'page number / total pages' area on the screen - I get one set of values on top of another set....

I cannot find any place in the XML definitions to control this information....

So, my questions are:

1. How is the page number and total pages calculated?
2. Which routine controls the placement of these values and display of these values?

Any suggestions??

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1 thing,

We can allready catalog dvd's and movies??

So what will be different in your plugin ?

If it's something you don't like you should make a patch for our current way we do it. Not a new plugin I think ?

A

Anonymous

Never mind - I solved my problem - I had both List and Thumb controls active at the same time.

I have over 200 DVDs that are stored in a Sony mega changer and I have cataloged them using Ant Movie Catalog - I have created an extract that I then import into MP - it serves my purposes - if you are not interested then I just will not even attempt to post it here when I am done.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it's not that I'm not interested,

I was just curious on what you were making as the desciption sounded exactly as what I am using allready in MP.

and my opinion alone is not important.
    We have 15000 downloads of MP.
    I'm sure you would help others.

A

Anonymous

OK/understand.

I have finished the plugin - I called it 'My DVDs' - it was a good experiment for me to learn the code structure of MP and to set up the development environment.

I am now thinking of a slightly different plugin - based on 'My DVDs', but a stripped down version that reads the Ant Movie Catalog file and loads it into the videodatabase.db file. That way I don't have to recreate the catalog and the data is available for the existing MP My Video routines.

Just a thought.....

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that sounds good.

I think it is indeed better to integrate more stuff directly instead of all seperate plugins.
    So putting this data directly in our database sounds like the way to go.

A

Anonymous

OK.
    I will work on this modified version this weekend - if successful I could also expand the concept to other formats such as DVD Profiler - might satisfy a few more potential MP users :wink:

A

Anonymous

OK, I have the plugin created - it takes the Ant Movie Catalog output and populates the videodatabase2.db file.

When I select "Title" as the View type I see the entries I added.
    However, when I press "F3" to see the details, MP automatically tries to go out to IMDB to retrieve the information associated with the movie Title.

I am not sure what I am missing, but I would think MP should check the contents of the videodatabase first and if it cannot find the information it should only then go out to the web....I have reviewed the GUIVideoTitle and GUIVideoFiles routines but cannot tell what the logic is that is always causing MP to go to the web - it looks like it should take the db information first, but it does not.....

I am wondering if I have not populated all the fields correctly in the videodatabase file.....

R

ravy37170

MrMario64 said:
    1 thing,

We can allready catalog dvd's and movies??

So what will be different in your plugin ?

If it's something you don't like you should make a patch for our current way we do it. Not a new plugin I think ?

Hello,

I don't understand what you tell us because I don't find a tool in MP that can catalog all of ours DVDs, DIVXs or audio CDs. What we can do with the actual MP is if we have movies on the hard drive than by pressing F3, it will gives informations about the movie with the IMDB.

Perhaps I miss something in MP, no??

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    yep,
    And when the file is not on a local share anymore, or you did teh F3 on a dvd or file on a disc you can also enter a DVD# @ the bottom.

Now you can browse the database for this movie and when you select it MP will tell you what disc to enter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom