Setup: How does TVGuideScheduler work? (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Setup : added : Settings to Program Guide to support ashtree's TVGuideScheduler.exe. (Bonkalord)

Can someone give a short description how this works?
    How is it started? when? what does 1,2,3,5 mean (Weekdays?) Is it necessary to do the update with F3 manually?

I am using xmltv, so I am familiar with that part.

Thanks in advance.

tomtom21000

Ashtree

Portal Member
    April 22, 2004
    Reading, England
    TVGuideScheduler will be an exe to automate your xmltv downloads and import the program data into the tvdatabase. It is intended that it will be run from the Windows task scheduler.
    Currently the only part that has been added to CVS is the additional settings in the TV Program Guide page. Hopefully the rest of it will be added soon.

The program will have 2 modes, the multiday grab that you currently use when you download your tv guide data where it will try to maintain a configured number of days guide data. If the 'Days to keep in guide' setting is 7, when the exe runs it will check the date if the last program in the database, and say there is 5 days worth of data it will download 2 days. Of course this will depend on the number of days available to the grabber, some grabbers can only get 3 or 4 days ahead, and others can get 14days.

The other mode is to run several single days grabs in seperate threads. This is useful for grabbers that are slow because of the way the grabber scrapes the data (generally the grabbers that have a --slow option). The 1,2,3,5 would therefore be the single days it is going to grab. The number is the offset from today (0=today, 1=tommorrow,etc).

eg. Today is Monday the 9th, so 1,2,3,5 would run 4 xmltv grabber threads that would grab data for 1=10th, 2=11th, 3=12th, 5=14th.

When this is all setup and running, you should not need to manually update the guide using f3, the process should all be automatic.

Hopefully this helps, I will explain more when it has been added to MP

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ashtree,

I hope you understand this should all be finished for .1 release.
    So whats the schedule on this integration to be finished?

Bonkalord says the ball is in your hand @ this moment.

Ashtree

Portal Member
    April 22, 2004
    Reading, England
    MrMario,

I didn't know there were any thing i needed to do before this is integrated, apart from some tidying up the page in the config page. I said that I wanted to add the option to setup the scheduled task automatically, but I didn't reaslize that was neccessary to get the code into MP.

Do you know what Bonkalord needs me to do so it can be integrated?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I was referring to what you said >
    "Currently the only part that has been added to CVS is the additional settings in the TV Program Guide page. Hopefully the rest of it will be added soon. "

I assumed not all was integrated yet.

You should talk to bonkalord about this, using me to passthrough messages will surely go wrog :)
    But, it would be great to have this finished yes in .1.

Ashtree

Portal Member
    April 22, 2004
    Reading, England
    The only part that is committed to CVS at the moment is the settings. I spoke to Bonkalord last week and he seemed happy, and i thought he was going to commit all of it. I will catch up with him again on IRC tonight and see if anything needs to be done before it can be committed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom