several new suggestions (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

- PinCode Required to Exit To Desktop from Mediaportal (as an option)
- Always show folders with artwork when browsing folders, once inside the album automatically switch to list mode
- A button should be assigned to automatically add a song to a queue list.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    if you set your view to folder MP will remind that. If you set you next view in this folder to list, MP will remind that.
    So you can set any folder you r in in a seperate view and MP will remind that.

press Y to add a song to a playlist, press Y on a folder to add the complete folder to the playlist. Press party chuffle in the playlist to have random playlists of 20 songs over and over...

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mario meant remember instead of remind - you were up too early Mario.
    You need more caffeine :shock:

DMAN.

Cato72

Portal Member
    October 20, 2004
    Oslo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Global folder view

MrMario64 said:
    if you set your view to folder MP will remind that. If you set you next view in this folder to list, MP will remind that.
    So you can set any folder you r in in a seperate view and MP will remind that.

I would prefer to select a view that will be global for the pluging (My Music, My Videos etc).

... or have I missed something in the documentation?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is no such feature since each user view settings will vary so you have to do it manually depending on the what look you want but once it's set then it's set.

DMAN.

Cato72

Portal Member
    October 20, 2004
    Oslo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I know, but ...

dman_lfc said:
    There is no such feature since each user view settings will vary so you have to do it manually depending on the what look you want but once it's set then it's set.
    DMAN.

Yes I know, but hence posting under Feature Request... ;-)

I don't know how all of you use MP, so I might be wrong. But I think it's unneccesary to have to choose a view everytime you get a new music (or video) folder. If I like to view big album art when browsing music, it is very likely I would so for every folder -- isn't it?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It has been discussed before and the strategy moving forward is to keep it as it is for user flexibility.
    Some users like a combination of the two, what happens to them???

Sorry but it won't be implemented.

DMAN.

Cato72

Portal Member
    October 20, 2004
    Oslo
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Link to discussion

dman_lfc said:
    It has been discussed before and the strategy moving forward is to keep it as it is for user flexibility.
    Some users like a combination of the two, what happens to them???

Sorry but it won't be implemented.

DMAN.

I tried to find this discussion, but where unable to. I would like to see what arguments came up...

I can't understand why this should be so difficult to implement as an option for the plugin. Then everyone can can decide on their own...

Just an idea of how this could be implemented: If the user has enabled "global" views for the plugin, the view used on the share (root) is used for every subfolder.

But then again -- it's just my opinion... :)

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    cato, thing is.

you want Big thumbs as first then list
    the other wants small thumbs and then big thumbs
    or list then big thumbs
    or list and then list
    or list and then list and then list for artist and then big thumb for the album and then list again for the songs list....

you see,
    nomatter what we would set as a default, there are different needs for different users. It's a user preference.
    I am sure you use the same look all over, and that it would seem handy for you if we would have that as default. But for the other it will be annoying as it's not what they use.

We simply cannot set a standard that will make everybody happy.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You are persistant..

Just an idea of how this could be implemented: If the user has enabled "global" views for the plugin, the view used on the share (root) is used for every subfolder.

There-in lies the problem. Lets take MyMusic for example. I setup a share called Music. Under that share I have all my albums in seperate folders and sometimes subfolders. Now personally I like Big Icons when viewing the folders and list view when viewing the tracks once entering the folder.
    Now your implementation would suggest I have one or the other - not good, see what I mean?
    The only way it would work is if it were optional, but then again sometimes you have more than one user looking / using content and tastes vary.

Your request is noted and maybe someday it may be done but it's unlikely to be done soon and it's unlikely to be done by the core development team. If someone takes an interest in your idea, knows C#, and an implementation concensus is determined then maybe just maybe you'll get it how you want.

If you want complete control over every minor detail of the GUI interface then you can buy Meedio and spend a good 4-6hrs setting it up and tweaking it etc or for the time being use this fabulous piece of free software with a rich feature set and more cool stuff coming soon.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom