Several view types on one screen simultaneously?? (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When I downloaded the latest version of iTunes, I got somewhat inspired to create a new layout that uses both Cover Flow and list view at the same time.

I've added two, really crude mockups here as a "proof of concept" kinda thing, but the idea is, while browsing Music for example, if you're in Album Artist->Current artist's albums view, you will always see the cover flow at the top, showing the previous and next albums. If you've selected an album, the album info disappears, and you'll see the tracklisting, like this (and maybe the coverflow can be slightly dimmed):

musicmockup.jpg

If you click "back", the coverflow will once again be "lit up" and the artist/album info (preferably Album info in this view) will be shown instead. It would be great if MediaPortal2 could skip right past the Albums view if there's only one album in the database though.

In TV-Series, the same thing would happen, but instead of artist->albums->tracks, you'd have Series->Seasons->Episodes hierarchy. Not quite sure how this would apply to Movies though.

seriesmockup.jpg

Can two different views (coverflow + list view) be used together like this in MediaPortal2? Other thoughts on this?

Emph

Attachments

• musicmockup.jpg
      musicmockup.jpg
      145.2 KB
    • seriesmockup.jpg
      seriesmockup.jpg
      139.1 KB

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, emphatic explicitly asked:
    Can two different views (coverflow + list view) be used together like this in MediaPortal2?
    So IMHO my reply is the answer to his question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom